First of all, it is essential to know about vaping. Usually, vaping is also known as electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes). Some human beings think that e-cigarettes are safer than normal cigarettes. But, are these e-cigarettes safe for pregnant women? In a true sense, smoking or vaping, or using an e-cigarette is not safe for pregnant ladies. If you are a pregnant woman, it is better to stop smoking and all types of tobacco items like e-cigarettes. However, stopping may be hard for you but it is a must for the health of both mother and baby. Let’s know some important details in this context.
Usually, e-cigarettes are known as “electronic cigarettes”. It is available in several sizes and shapes like pens, mods, tanks, etc. However, e-cigarettes are different compared to regular cigarettes. Also, these e-cigarettes include a cartridge to carry liquid, a battery, and a heating gadget. As per a study, this type of liquid includes nicotine, preservatives, and chemicals. With the help of a battery, the gadget heats the liquid into an aerosol. In this way, the user can inhale easily.
How is Vaping Harmful for Pregnant Women?
In reality, smoking is very harmful to pregnant women. And health experts, including an IVF doctor, always recommend stopping smoking whether it is regular or e-cigarette. Due to the involvement of nicotine in e-cigarettes, there are chances of increasing the risk of several problems like:
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Preterm delivery
- Placenta abruption
- Low birth weight
- SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome)
- ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder)
Some Essential Steps to limit your e-cigarettes
According to the experts, a pregnant lady should stop the usage of e-cigarettes/regular cigarettes. During pregnancy, it may be harmful to both mothers and babies. That is why; most doctors/gynecologists prescribe to avoid harmful items like smoking, tobacco, alcohol, etc. However, it is not an easy task to stop smoking immediately. Having a look at the following points can encourage you to limit the usage of cigarettes:
- First of all, you have to avoid all kinds of nicotine items like cigarettes, e-cigarettes. However, smokeless tobacco items like chewing tobacco are also not safe for a pregnant lady.
- To reduce the usage of e-cigarettes, it is so important to keep your home, car, and office smoke-free. It will help you to quit the habit of smoking.
- If any person is not able to stop smoking, he/she can smoke outside the home along with distinctive layers of clothes. Make sure to take off these clothes outside before entering the home.
- Spread awareness and ask other human beings not to smoke nearby you. In this way, people can understand the value of life and try to stop smoking.
- Before visiting any restaurants, clinics, hospitals, etc. for instance, make sure these places should be smoke-free.
- Make a plan to quit smoking and some strategies to avoid bad habits. In this plan, try to keep yourself busy in doing work, sleeping, eating, and enjoying. Also, you should do some exercises like breathing and meditation to increase your level of concentration.
- Lastly, if you are planning to go with surrogacy, make sure that surrogate mothers should avoid smoking. In this regard, you have to confirm it at the surrogate centre first.
Remember, pregnancy is a very crucial period for both mother and baby. In this situation, all harmful items are not safe for women. Likewise, vaping during pregnancy may be harmful to health. If you are going to plan for a baby, it is better to avoid smoking before 3 months. This will help you to get pregnant easily. On the other hand, if you are already pregnant, do not go with smoking, alcohol, drugs, and so on.