Slip and fall accidents can occur at any place and to anybody. Someone’s carelessness or negligence can result in another person’s injuries. All public property owners must ensure that their property is well maintained and safe for traveling. Buildings, retail stores, shopping complexes, parking lots, offices, walkways, and homes are the areas where slip and fall accidents can happen due to the owner’s negligence.
If you or someone you love have been the victim of a fall and slip accident, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your injuries and damages, income loss, and medical bills after filing a personal injury lawsuit against the property’s owner under the premises liability law. In many cases, personal injury cases are not easy to win; they will need the legal help of a personal injury attorney Sacramento so that there is no room for mistakes.
Premises liability refers to a legal concept where you got hurt and suffered injuries after tripping, slipping, and falling on someone’s property because the area was not maintained for safety. You can submit a personal injury case to hold the owners legally responsible and get the compensation you deserve.
Things to do after a slip and fall accident
In order to build a strong and best case, it’s important to know the essential steps you must do after the fall and slip accident has happened:
- If it is possible, go to the accident spot and take pictures of the spot where you got injured and how you got hurt.
- Collect details of the witnesses who may have been present at the time the accident occurred. Ask their contact details such as an address, phone number, etc, and note them down. Their statements are crucial to proving your claim.
- It’s important to see a doctor no matter how small or insignificant your injuries may seem to you. All of your injuries will be recorded by the doctor. A documented form of injuries is essential to prove what you had suffered and you have the legal right to ask for compensation for injuries and damages.
- After the accident, make sure you report the accident to the police and the owner, or landlord.
- Refrain from giving any kind of statement to any person, manager, or owner. Even stop yourself from giving any statement to insurance companies since it can impact the ability to recover fair compensation. Neither put neither blames nor accepts any blame.
- Slip, trip, and fall incidents are complex and need an expert to handle the case, it’s best to contact a personal injury attorney. With an experienced accident lawyer Sacramento, you have higher chances of winning the case and recover the money you are entitled to.
Slip and fall accidents are the most common types of personal injury cases that people may experience at some point in their lives. Last, it is also essential to hire lawyers that specialize in a certain type of cases. If you have got injured riding a bicycle due to another person’s fault, you should look for the best Sacramento bicycle accident Lawyer. If it is a fall and slip case, look personal injury attorney who is an expert in providing assistance in a fall and slip cases.